What We Do
Fisher Peak Performing Artists Society (FPPAS) is a not for profit organization which sprang from a 2010 event collaboration between organizers of ‘Dancing in the Park’ and ‘Summer Sounds’ to become a Society in 2014.
Our mission: To promote the Performing Arts in the South Kootenay and provide support for musicians and performers of all types and genres through live entertainment events and mentorship.
WHAT WE DO:
We provide numerous free public shows in Cranbrook’s beautiful Rotary Park, connect event organizers with performers, promote the performing arts and collaborate or co-sponsor other events in the South Kootenays to support charitable activities related to live entertainment.
We strive to be inclusive and ensure that local talent, youth and artists of all persuasions receive opportunities to develop their talent, be it singing, instruments, dancing or recording and provide mentorship in proper gear, sound and lighting.
WHAT WE’VE ACHIEVED:
- Cranbrook BC – Summer Sounds Concert Series & Dancing in the Park since 2014 , weekly in July & August at Rotary Park featuring 2 artists each evening.
- Cranbrook BC – ‘PEAK’ Music Festival in Rotary Park 2018 & 2019 featuring 10 – 12 performing artists Friday & Saturday of the Labour Day long weekend.
- Cranbrook BC – Winter Ale Concert Series January to May each year, in partnership with the Key City Theatre since 2016. Five intimate concerts featuring local performers opening for an established touring artist.
- Cranbrook BC – Sam Steele Days Talent Showcase in partnership with the Sam Steele Society annually 2016-19. A free outdoor stage show highlighting local performing artists at the central fairgrounds of the largest community festival in the Kootenay.
- Cranbrook BC – 2016 Canada Day celebrations – in partnership with the City of Cranbrook.
- Cranbrook BC – ‘PEAK’ Music Festival in Moir Park each Saturday in September of 2020. Successfully & safely delivered 2 live shows per date to the maximum allowable audiences during the Covid 19 pandemic, featuring 8 incredible Kootenay bands.
- Kimberley, BC – Julyfest 2015 – co production with the City of Kimberley festival committee. This ticketed, live music festival venue featured a range of popular touring bands and local performers.
- Kimberley BC – Kimberley Artists Gathering
- Kimberley/Cranbrook BC – live entertainment to support multiple venues during the 55+ BC Games, Sept. 2018
- Cranbrook/Kimberley BC – Digital Sound Workshop to enhance technical skills development in collaboration with BC Hydro and the Key City Theatre, June 2019. Funding provided by a BC Hydro Community Grant.
WHY WE DO IT:
- to foster the love of music and performing arts at a grassroots level in our communities
- to share the joy that performers and audiences project
- to provide networking opportunities for both seasoned and new performers
- to have fun as part of a team
- to be part of the growth & success of others
- to witness our community thrive & connect through performing arts
- to give back to those who have mentored us in our performing arts endeavours